Affiliate Program Terms of Service
Enrollment in the Lightdrop Affiliate Program is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Obligations of the Parties:
a) Affiliate shall have the opportunity to promote the Lightdrop and its products/services in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
b) Affiliate shall promote and market our products/services using only promotional materials supplied or approved by Lightdrop. Promotional material (emails, landers, ads, social media posts) must be consistent with Lightdrop’s branding and shall not be false or misleading.
c) Affiliate shall direct potential purchasers of Lightdrop programs to the dedicated links provided by Lightdrop.
d) The Affiliate agrees to conduct itself in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulation, including, without limitation, CAN-SPAM.
Lightdrop will pay commissions from the sale of Products as follows:
a) You’ll receive 20% of the first purchase made and 5% of any recurring purchase for all "one-time purchases" and "standard bi-monthly subscriptions." (You'll also receive 5% of any subsequent purchase, or any product, by a customer that you referred.) You'll receive 10% of the first purchase of all "6-month subscriptions." (This is the same amount as you would receive for a standard subscription that lasted 6 months). Please let us know if this structure is not clear.f
b) At the Company's discretion, we will run promotions during which 100% of the profit generated on a specific day will be donated to charity. During these promotions, we will offer a discount code to track the sales tied to the charitable giving campaign. If the customer uses this discount code, it will override your affiliate cookie. If any customer, whom you previously referred, purchases on that day and does not use the discount code, you'll still get commission. We will, of course, not schedule any charitable campaigns during your primary promotion window.
c) Unless otherwise explicitly stated, live physical events, membership programs, and external promotions are excluded from affiliate commissions. Future products may or may not be eligible for affiliate commissions, depending on profit margin, overhead, and other factors at Lightdrop’s discretion.
d) Commissions will be tracked via dedicated unique links provided by Lightdrop.
e) Each affiliate is required to use the link provided in advance of the promotion, in order to enable proper tracking. Commissions cannot be paid if the affiliate fails to use the correct link. Commissions will be paid for revenue received net of returns. Commissions will be paid within 30 days of the completion of any promoted launch – completion including the end of the 30 day money-back return guarantee from initial time of purchase. All payment processing shall be performed by Lightdrop. Lightdrop reserves the right to change this Compensation arrangement from time-to-time and any changes shall be effective upon posting such changes on the Lightdrop Affiliate Program webpage.
a) We track affiliate sales through a combination of cookies and email addresses, which do not expire. If a customer clicks on your affiliate link, our affiliate management system will track them with a cookie, so you'll get credit even if they don't make a purchase during that specific visit. If they come back, through any link or straight to our homepage, you'll still get credit for any sale of affiliate commission-payable products. Once a customer makes a purchase, we will use their email address to associate that customer with you, so all of their subsequent purchases of affiliate commission-payable products will be credited to you.
b) We pay out commissions to whoever is the first referral of record for the buyer, for all affiliate commission-payable products as recorded by our affiliate system. As a result, you may see some ongoing income from your referrals not just on a specific launch you promote, but on other commission-payable launches in the future.
c) When we run retargeting ads, they never replace the first referring affiliate. So we’ll actually spend ad money encouraging your referrals to participate in the launch – and if they make a purchase, you still get credit.
a) None of the parties hereto shall, during the term of this Agreement or at any time thereafter, communicate, divulge or use for the benefit of any other person, persons, partnership, association, corporation or entity any of another party’s confidential information, knowledge or know-how. A party hereto shall divulge such information only to such of its employees, financial advisors and legal representatives, as must have access thereto in order to satisfy its obligations hereunder. All parties shall take all necessary precautions to ensure that their employees retain such information in confidence.
b) The parties shall be and remain independent contractors. Nothing in this Agreement shall constitute any party, inter alia, the general or special agent, legal representative, subsidiary, joint venturer, partner, employee or servant of the others for any purpose, nor shall anything in this Agreement cause the employees of any party to be employees of the others. Affiliates shall not represent themselves to be agents or representatives of Lightdrop.
a) Upon thirty (30) days prior written notice, either party may terminate this Agreement. The Company reserves the right to change the terms of this affiliate program at any time, including cancelling the affiliate program altogether, should it deem that necessary, with or without cause.
b) Cause shall include but is not be limited to:
▪ Conduct by Affiliate which detracts from the good reputation of Lightdrop and Lightdrop’s Product;
▪ Complaints from consumers about Affiliate;
▪ Misuse of the names or image of speakers or faculty who appear in Lightdrop programs in a manner not consistent with the goals, branding and intent of Lightdrop and its programs;
▪ Masking your affiliate links to confuse the customer about the website they are about to visit, or using scripts to add cookies to visitors of websites not affiliated with Lightdrop;
▪ Any deviation by Affiliate from the highest standards of professional and commercial conduct; or
▪ Affiliate’s breach of the terms of this Agreement.
8. This agreement sets forth all of the terms of Lightdrop’s Affiliate program
9. The parties hereby agree to save and hold each other (and their respective corporate affiliates) harmless of and from and shall indemnify each of them against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, suits, claims, fines, penalties and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) which may arise in any action, claim or proceeding against them, or any of them, for or by reason of:
(a) any acts, whether of omission or commission, that may be committed by a party, or any of their servants, agents or employees in connection with that party’s performance or failure to perform under this Agreement,
(b) any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant hereunder, or
(c) the sale, marketing, advertisement or promotion of Lightdrop’s programs.
10. All disputes and claims relating to this Agreement, the rights and obligations of the parties hereto, or any claims or causes of action relating to the performance of either party will be settled by arbitration by the American Arbitration Association in Denver, CO in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act and the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The costs of the arbitration proceedings will be borne by the losing party if such party is found to have been in material breach of its obligations hereunder. This agreement to arbitrate will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.